Sunday, April 23, 2006

Eurgh


That's how I feel today (actually an understatement), after a night of excess and a morning of self-inflicted illness. I've done very little today, but here is what I did do.. cast on for a scarf using the first yarn I'd ever spun. I like the thick-thin, and I know I need to enjoy it while I can, since my spinning has started to improve a lot already.


I also got the Pony Pearl needles yesterday, I can't believe how quickly they came, I only ordered them late Thursday night! Kudos to Angelika at yarn-store.com (NAYY, just impressed with the service). I found a single skein of Moda Dea sassy stripes in my stash (obviously when I had no clue that 2 skeins were generally needed to make socks - duh!). BUT! I found a recipe for single skein socks, they don't look like much, but I'm sure they will look fine on. I will be making these while I wait for my knitpicks order (which I feel will never come), it gives me a chance to test out the needles, and gives me some travel knitting for work next week.

In the meantime, I've found the pattern for my dad's one sock, to help him publicise his, my Mum's and my Aunt's breast cancer walk in Sept. However, I have a dilemma - his cast goes right down to the ankle, so do I do shorties and adapt the pattern so there are ribbons lower down, or do I just try and make the sock with a little ribbing in the ankle to give him enough stretch to pull the sock over the cast? Decisions, Decisions...

I have also decided that I will be making Mr. B. these break-out socks. But need more yarn for them.... It will never end!