Saturday, April 29, 2006

Conan

Yesterday I left work early and went with Mr. B. and a couple of friends to see the Conan O'Brien Show recording. While the guests were just okay, I found Conan to be really funny and his warm-up guy hilarious. I think I laughed almost solidly for the hour, and leaving the studio, we all felt a little odd, as though high on drugs. I couldn't tell you if it was the laughter, the lighting, or sitting in the small studio flicking eyes between the *real* stuff and the many TVs, but it was quiet odd. If you get a chance, and you like Conan, I highly recommend going to a taping for the experience, although your hands will be pretty tired afterward from all the clapping.

We were fortunate enough to go to Joe's Shanghai restaurant in Chinatown afterwards, my first time. The soup dumplings were a major hit with Mr. B., but being the finickety eater that I am (don't like soup, can't stand dumplings) I tried, but couldn't do it, although the flavor of them was awesome. After that it was drinks at a selection of bars, now I find myself at home smiling about the great evening.

As for knitting news (no pics right now, sorry). I have started the "Child's Placket-neck Pullover" from "Last Minute knitted Gifts" for Jane's Bambino. And the Jaywalkers are progressing, albeit slowly. I must confess that I had ditch the toe-up idea when I admitted to myself that I didn't really know what I was doing and I was feeling too impatient to start (again, I will save toe-up for the falling leaves socks). Speaking of which, I'm having a lot of trouble finding Kool-Aid with no added sugar, I walked into several supermarkets in the city on the way home on Thursday, but no luck. Kool-Aid itself is hard to find, but suger free has proven to be elusive so far, my search will continue...

I also bit the bullet and decided that I will join this round of Secret Pal, still yet to inform Mr. B. of this decision though :-)