Saturday, April 15, 2006

Don't be jealous


But I really wanted to share a picture of the gorgeous chocolate that Mr. B. gifted me to congratulate my getting a new job. They taste devine....


Also, here's a shot of the latest fiber I've been working with, spun and on a bobbin. It's a 50/50 wool/mohair mix that I got from Oregon trail on that auction site, not a big fan of mohair and have made a mental note to steer clear of it in future. As you can see, I've improved considerably in my spinning, the yarn is coming out much thinner now, and the thick/thin difference is a lot less. I'm so pleased that I'm picking it up. I even put a couple of pounds of laps, one silk/merino and one superwash merino, I'm really enjoying playing with different fibers. I also treated myself (in celebration of the new job) to some goodies from knitpicks, sock yarn, sock yarn and some wool to knit my first sweater (currently toying between the hourglass sweater and Interweave's Sunrise Circle Jacket, I will play with the yarn and see what I think it will be best for). Okay, want to go spinning again...