Saturday, June 03, 2006

Where have I been?

I know, I know, I've been very lack-luster with the posting this week. Work has kept me pretty busy, as well as the fact that I got a new gadget, which has actually taken away from my knitting time THE HORROR! I love the gadget and, just in case you didn't know already, I am a total geek for gadgets, and something that allows me IM, instant email and internet on the road. As well as the other functions (address book, to-do list, games etc) that I'm used to from my old PDA, what more can I want?


This morning, I was at our work's annual fundraiser in Central Park and after all that rain, flooding, subway stoppage and power cuts, I was a little worried that it might not happen, or that the turn out would be bad. However, the rain held off for most of the event, the park was not flooded, and the turn out was great. People seemed to really enjoy the event and I got to see people I hadn't seen in years, which was lovely, I also did the walk, so a little bit of exercise for me as a bonus. On the way home I saw a bunch of enthralled children and adults listening to a woman talking, I had discovered the Hans Christian Anderson story telling hour. I stopped to listen to the rest of the ghostly story and enjoyed every minute of it, another one of those reminders that this city is pretty amazing.

As for knitting, well...um, not much to tell you there. I've promised myself that I will concentrate and try to finish Mr. B's socks, as tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. I also signed up for next weekend's WWKIP which will be taking place on the East Green in Central Park (assuming I'm approved of course) - hope the weather is better for us next weekend. Okay, that's it from me.