Sunday, May 28, 2006

My WIPs


Just some pictures of a couple of my WIPs. I have spared you pictures of Mr. B's completely and utterly boring black stockinette socks, although, just so you know, I have finished #1 and just turned the heel of #2.

On to more interesting stuff. The heart leaf lace scarf/stole is coming along nicely. I like the delicate detail of this, and very pleased with my design, although not so convinced on my dye job - mostly because I have green hands after knitting a few rows. My advice in dyeing yarn is to rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse some more, then just when you think the water is running clear, rinse a few more times just to be sure. I made the error of being really worried about felting my lurverly wool, now I have to put up with green hands while I do this project - it will be rinse a few more times after knitting.


As for the jaywalker. I think this is the first time it has been photographed in natural light - and what a difference it makes! The top picture shows the sock in it's natural baggy state, the one below shows it being pulled down a little, I don't anticipate this 'give' being a problem. I love this yarn (cherry hill) and still love the jaywalker pattern.