Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stuck in April


Still with the oranges... here are a couple of pictures for ya. The Child's Placket-neck Pullover, is almost done, see the little needle stitch holder by the armpit? That's what I need to finish, just a a little bit of grafting. While I love the color and the softness of this little cutie, the damn thing is all 'frilly' at the bottom, it's flared out. Which could be cute on a girl, but not so sure since the recipient is a little boy. I've no idea what I did wrong, if I should have cast on and knit the bottom edge in a smaller needle, or if it's the cotton yarn that's just stretched out. It also looks a little too short and I just don't know what to do about it. I don't know if I just need to restart, or re-knit the bottom slightly tighter for the seed st edging, a little extra body, then graft it on the bottom (after taking off the original bottom edge). Any ideas?


Also, not too much more in the way of sock, here it is, about halfway though the foot - looks good though doesn't it? I can see why the jaywalker pattern is so popular now, it's so easy to memorize and it's great seeing those zig-zags appear. Here's a close-up of the heel too, I'm proud as there are no holes in this sock.


Other news, I tried spinning the merino and the silk/merino (I couldn't wait any longer). While the wool is proving to be tricky because of the way it's been prepared, the silk/merino is a joy to work with, sooo soft and yummy. One day, when I get my lazy kate, I will get to ply all this yarn. Oooh! I ordered a little selection of dyes for fiber on that auction site, I hope it comes for the w/e, lots of fun for Mrs. B. and lots of mess for the apartment - won't Mr. neat freak B. be pleased? I plan to dye my sock yarn in a green for project spectrum. I also heard back from the Pony Pearl people about my broken sock needle, they emailed me back stating that they backed their products 100% and would send me a new set - YAY! So I will soon no longer have to juggle with the bodge-job super-glued sock needle.


Oh, and a little hello to my Secret Pal. I've not heard who my pal is yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before we are all assigned pals - Mr. B. thinks I'm completely mad, but I think it will be a fun summer being a SP to someone.