Monday, December 05, 2005

Skull Illusion Scarf Complete

Scarf from head on (just stripes).
And from the side (there are the skulls).

Not only is this my attempt at first illusion knitting, but my first attempt at blocking - blocking is absolutely essential with this scarf if you want to have a flat scarf. I'm pretty proud of myself, it's finished!! And it's another Christmas gift down. The pattern was thanks to Ysolda Teague.

Oooh, and for those that are curious, here is a picture of the back of the scarf (something I wanted to know about when I first saw the pattern). The back is NOT illusion, but as you can see, the skull pattern is still on the back (in reverse).



On a side note, I gave Lisa a stained glass scarf (in "Caribbean") for her belated birthday celebration (her birthday was actually on Thanksgiving day, poor thing, sharing her birthday with Turkeys) she loved it.