Monday, December 26, 2005

Joe's hat

After handing Ronan his double hat, he put it straight on. Joe saw it and loved it, so I felt that I had to make one for him too. I made it in record time (no probs with size, no frogging and superfast knitting helped) so that I could hand it to him Christmas eve. However, thanks to the bar actually being closed (yeah, we were shocked), he didn't get it until Christmas day. I think he likes it.


My only concern is that the red was a different yarn, with a smaller gauge (you can see in the double picture), but the hat is still wearable, and what Joe doesn't know, won't hurt him. Btw, the red in the picture is really not as intense as it looks, although it is a 'true' red, it's a little warmer, the green is also not as pale. I have trouble taking true color pictures at night with a flash, but you get the gist.
Little update: I've seen Joe close to a week after gifting the hat, he was still raving about it, his girlfriend says he wears it all the time, all a good sign of a good gift.