Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Strike

Okay, the rumors of strike are over, the strike is happening - REALLY happening, I kept saying that I really thought it would happen, but from the shock I experienced on hearing that the TWU voted to strike, I guess I just didn't believe it. Oh well, I've been working at home and will continue to do so as long as needed, I figure I have enough paperwork to keep me going 3-4 days, also can do visits for those that have pple near me. My biggest challenge is ignoring my knitting during the work day, it keeps looking at me!!! I feel for the masses that don't have the option I have, they are walking/biking/getting into cars with random strangers in the bitter cold. Images of people walking across the Brooklyn Bridge look great, but it doesn't really show all that's going on (there are a few other bridges ya know). Anyway, the stories of riots reaching other parts of the world are grossly exagerrated, NYers shout and scream when their pissed at poor organization (thinking Penn Station), this does not constitute a riot okay? Okay, back to the needles...