Friday, July 14, 2006

Suss.

After Jess posted about the major Suss Design Sale, I just HAD to go check it out. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm cheap, so how could I say no to 50-70% off yarn? As well at 30% off books? I'd never been before, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in NYC for all that long anyway. So I also went to say hello and goodbye. On the way there I was reading Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Yarn Harlot. As I was getting off the subway someone came up to me to tell me there was a yarn sale going on in the neighbourhood. As I looked at her and realized that I recognized her, and before I knew what was happening I was telling her that I recognized her from her blog. I felt like such a prat, I mean, are you even supposed to talk about blogs in real life? Anyway, she was very polite to be, despite my dorkiness, and was as sweet as she seems on her blog. Anyway, if you're reading this Michelle, it was a pleasure meeting you, let's not forget the quick 'hello' to Carrie and, I hope that one day I will make it down to the point (sooner rather than later), to enjoy a little SnB.

So I guess you're all wondering what I got in my haul. There isn't much to show I'm afraid. I managed to get a little something, something for my Secret Pal - so no pics there I'm afraid. I did get a little bit of this pretty Cotton Patine, for a summer top (pattern to be confirmed) and I couldn't resist those $2 needles - aren't they pretty? Not exactly a big spender - particularly compared to the $200+ totals the ladies in front of me were racking up.


I also started a new pair of socks with some yarn that I dyed recently, I'm really happy with the colors. There's other stuff that I would love to show you, but secrets suck sometimes... I just LURVE the colours in this yarn, the purple/plum was supposed to be a brown, but sometimes accidents happen for a reason, I think that it goes really well with the cranberry and orange.


What's that? You want to get a little closer.... oh, okay then....