Sunday, July 30, 2006

Birthday Bowling - AKA my new haul

WARNING: This post contains yarn p0rn.

Last night I went out with friends to celebrate my upcoming Birthday (the dreaded day is actually tomorrow), we went bowling at Leisure Time Bowl in the Port Authority. The place is a dive, and the fact that you have to go outside into the station to use the public restrooms doesn't help allay this fact. However, I didn't take any pictures of us bowling.

One of the best things about birthdays is gifts. And I'm totally psyched with the packages I received. The first is from my friends M&T, they inform me that this is not actually my birthday gift, this is just "something from Germany" - M had recently returned from visiting family there.


This flannel/dishcloth has a character I have not seen in years, he is the mouse [maus] from a funny little show called Die Sendung mit der Maus [The Program with the Mouse], which I watched in my childhood in years when living in Germany.


See this! Ya see it!! It's Filatura La Crosa's "Buffo", isn't it stunning? It's actually better in real life. But I tried to do it justice in photos - let's get closer:



If that wasn't enough, I also recieved this little package from L&J.


So, we have a candle holder, a Brittany crochet hook (it's beautiful isn't it?) and Soutwest Trading's "Bella" - beautiful 50% soy silk, 50% wool singles. Wanna see up close?


And just another peek at the crochet hook...


Isn't it lovely? I think they did good and they are not even knitters! Thank you so much, I love my new yarn!