Friday, July 21, 2006

Secret Pal 8

Firstly, I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone's comments from my last post. I truely appreciate the sympathy, suggestions and advice. The great news is that my finger regained feeling, and the better news is that I was sneaking in some 'big' [as in tank, not 'little' as in sock] knitting to no ill effect. So I ordered a couple of KP circs (I was looking for an excuse to get some anyway) and am going to try them for sock knitting once they arrived.

I don't know how many people reading this are taking part in Secret Pal 8, but I have to say that I've found the experience to be great so far. I really like the person I'm spoiling and have enjoyed getting to know them, and hunting down special gifts. Although I have to say that the suspense is killing me about the latest package which seems to be taking a scenic route - I really hope that it arrived, otherwise I can safely say that Priority Mail is a complete waste of money. Likewise, there seems to be issues about my Secret Pal's gifts arriving with me, apparently USPS is just not doing well. Okay, onto the reason for this post. I received this questionnaire today from my hostess (who is doing a wonderful job btw). And, with a chance of winning STR, how could I resist?

1. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
Spring - it's like everything is starting fresh, the flowers, the smells, the warmth after winter, the ability to rid of the bulky winter garb.
 
2. Summer is hot. What do you knit in the summer?
So far, socks (now on hold) and tanks (in summery yarns).
 
3. If money was no object.....what would you buy at the LYS?
Enough to knit whole sweaters, in cashmere. I'd actually buy all the recommended yarns for projects. Another wheel. And I would love to try Quivet.
 
4. What are some activities that have become family traditions for your family?
My family tend to take ski vacations in Bavaria every Christmas, unfortunately, because I'm on the other side of the pond I don't get to go (also, his parents are visiting us in NYC this year). Lot's of BBQs in the vaguely warm weather, and plenty of alcohol!! We're not big into traditions.
 
5. What is the weather right now?
We are currently in the middle of a nasty storm, I just got soaked on the way home from work - but I quite like summer rain.