Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's coming...

I have no idea if I told you what pattern I [finally] decided upon for the Cotton Patine from the Suss Sale. So, just in case I've been leaving you out of the loop. I opted for the Soleil Pattern from Knitty as it was mostly knit in the round, it was the right gauge and I had enough yarn for the pattern.

Now, the top is very nearly finished, just finishing and blocking to do. And I should have FO pics to show very soon, here's a little teaser to whet your appetite...


The yarn itself is pretty nice to knit with, soft and no 'ouch' factor commonly associated with knitting cotton. However, there are two things that could be an issue for some. The yarn can be a little splitty (bit like the Madil Eden bamboo I was using for the Picovoli), I did find that I had to 'go back' sometimes, to re-knit a stitch that had split, luckily I've become pretty practiced at picking up dropped stitches, so no frogging or tinking needed for just one stitch. The other thing is that the dye in the yarn has come off on my hands. I first thought that my eyes were playing up a little, but no, my nails are purple-pink where they should be white, and don't even ask about what my ibook looks like right now!