Thursday, March 16, 2006

What a difference 3 days make

I posted a picture of the first 'skein' I produced on Sunday. Monday I took the day off spinning, come Tuesday I was back at it. Spinning had 'clicked' for me and now I've been working to thinner and thinner 'yarns'. Now look at the difference of what I did today compared to what I had done on Sunday, so much thinner now eh. Unbelievable! I'm so pleased with myself, and I've only been taking 10-20 minutes each day. Phew! I'm not a spinning idiot.

Before and After


Off topic: I sold my first ebay item today, not knitting or spinning related, but something I had won ages ago and decided to try selling since I had no use for it. I expected to make about $10-15 and instead was just shy of $25!

Back on topic: I was so happy with my paypal money (coming in, not going out, for once) and my spinning success. I combined that with pay day and came up with another ebay purchase - 2 15 oz balls [if that's the right word] of Brown Sheep co. roving (yum), a nice skein of Brown Sheep cotton fine and some stripy sock yarn for socks for Dad's Birthday (make myself feel better about the other purchases I think!!).

As for the fish (no, I haven't forgotten the fish). There is a grand total of 94 done - YES, 6 more to go. I will be out tomorrow night, so no fishing for me, but should be done (knitting at least) by the weekend.