Thursday, October 26, 2006

No more secrets

So I kept you waiting on the Addi secret? Sorry, life gets in the way sometimes. I got my Addis this week, and immediately cast on with Marie's signature yarn, and what a yummy yarn it is. I was a little worried that I wasn't going to like Addi needles, I've not had good experiences with metal needles in the past. Convinced that I have toxic sweat that destroys the coating of needles, making them super-sticky and almost impossible to knit with. However, if I'm able to knit a pair of socks without melting the coating, I will become a true believer. So far, knitting with these babies has been much fun - once I let go of the death grip of course :)

My new toys.

But you don't care about any of this do you? You want to know where the hell you can get cheap Addis, and how cheap you can get them, right? So here is the tale: I was reading some blogs the some weeks ago and I saw someone who wrote of cheap Addis from a store in the UK. While I forgot the person who wrote the blog, or which blog it was from (sorry nameless blogster), I didn't forget to bookmark the site. So I ordered 3 pairs of 80cm/32" circs (2's, 3's and 4's), from kangaroo.uk.com. My order was less than $20, yes! You read that right! $20 for 3 pair of circs, including shipping, and that cute sweetie candy. Clearly the exact cost will depend on the exchange rate at the time of buying. There are other bargain places, in NZ, Hong Kong and that auction site.

I actually have some FO pictures to shoot and post, honest! I'm just waiting on some time and daylight, both of which I hope to have aplenty this weekend.