Saturday, October 28, 2006

FO-licious.

EDIT: I just added new, better pics of the socks and shawl.

Man alive I've been busy, and I have lots to show for it too. Last night was the weekly meet with the spiders, at my favorite coffee shop, which is always a pleasure. And a double pleasure it was, as we got to meet both Colleen, who's in visiting from Boston, and Neoknits Melissa, who's a total sweetheart.

I had to dash off to get changed and off out again to The Rodeo Bar to meet up with Sharon, her hubby and friends to see some some live music (thanks so much for the magazine Sharon). Much fun was had my all, a little too much for Mr. B. who was bouncing off the ceilings after 3 of their famous Margaritas.

Okay, on to the real stuff. I promised FO's and here I am delivering. First of all we have the Wyvern socks:



Pattern: Wyvern Socks by Marnie Maclean
Yarn: This was knitpicks superwash - hand-dyed by yours truly.
Needles: Pony Pearls US#2
Adaptations: None


Next up with have the swallowtail shawl which I started last Friday at the Point (and re-started on Friday), was finished on Thursday - 5 days to knit, now that is a quick knit, I guess it helps that I was home sick on Monday, I found knitting to be very soothing :)



Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl from the Fall issue of Interweave Knits 2006
Yarn: Yummy Baby Cashmere from elann.com - 3 1/3 balls.
Needles: Denises US #7.
Adaptations: I did one less repeat of the Budding Lace 2 since I thought I was going to run out of yarn - ha!


I'm not sure I'm that into shawls, I don't know if I'm really a shawl kind of girl - I think I will stick with rectangular shapes if I'm to make any more. One more thing to show you. The spun and plyed Sage Merino from Carolina Homespun.


I love the subtle colors in this yarn. I'm just not convinced that I should have plyed it - I guess I got Katie's advice too late. I'm still pretty happy with it though.

One last picture (assuming I haven't completely bored you to tears). This is progress so far on the Ripple Weave socks from this years fall issue of Vogue Knitting. I love the yarn, and the pattern (it is so much like Cookie's Pomotamus socks). I like the Addis, except my toxic sweat is already getting to them - GAH!