Thursday, August 31, 2006

Books

Okay, it took me a while to actually notice (even though I'd already read the post - sorry Cindy!). But I've been tagged, first time ever, and it's about books - something that my knitting has definitely got in the way of. But here goes...

1. One book that changed your life:
I'm not sure any book has actually changed my life. Although the "Eleven Million Mile High Dancer" was the inspiration for my online name (I loved that cat). I felt that "1984" was pretty eye-opening (I was still young when I read it).
2. One book that you've read more than once:
I'm not usually one for reading books more than once (there are too many out there), although I definitely read "1984" more than once.
3. One book you'd want on a deserted island:
"The Idiots Guide to How to Survive and be Rescued from a Deserted Island"
4. One book that made you laugh:
"A Walk In the Woods" - Bill Bryson.
5. One book that made you cry:
Oooh, many, I'm pretty emotional person when it comes to stories. Most recently "Kite Runner"
6. One book that you wish had been written:
"How I made my first million knitting."
7. One book you wish had never been written:
I have to say "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" - I read 3/4 of it, hated at least half of that, I feel a failure for not finishing it, but at the same time, resentful that I wasted that time on it.
8. One book you're currently reading:
I just started "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides, in between the "Drivers Manual" - gotta get my NYS license for work
9. One book you've been meaning to read:
I have "Catch 22", been meaning to read it for a while - started once, but was unsuccessful.
10. Tag 6 people:
Annie, Jessica, Michelle (AKA _ MUD), Dipsy D, Mer, Paloma