Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ribby ipod sock


What an interesting knitting day. I learnt to knit in the round using two circulars. I used "Andrade's" tutorial, which was really informative and I got it first go. I much prefer it to knitting with dpns (where I have nearly lost an eye on more than one occassion), it was easy and I will never go back to dpns, EVER.

So I cast on and managed to knit my own design of an ipod sock using the shine and twist yarn that I had left over from the armwarmers which were knit in the same stitch (supple rib, but with an accidental diference), so they match... if you like that kind of thing. It was quick and easy to make, and because of the stretch of the rib, the sock fits small and large ipods (mine is 2nd gen, old and brick-like, but I've had it for about 3 years and it's still going strong).