Friday, January 06, 2006

Gothic Window Lace

I have been busy, really, I have. Actually, a lot of it has been research, I'm looking how to change the site a little, I've discovered that things look as I want on my mac, but look at the site with IE on windows and it's another story. Since most people have windows I need to sort it out so it's a bit more user friendly for everyone. I'm trying out some things now and hope to have a change soon.

As for what I've been doing knitting-wise. Not too much, just some stained glass scarves, ordered a bunch of yarn and am going to knit these in earnest as I promised that I would try to see if they would be a popular item in Soho. Should be interesting anyway.


I've also been lace knitting with some Merino laceweight that I bought from school products about a month ago. The pattern is straight from the Knitter's Bible and is called Gothic Window. It took me ages to find one that I felt worked, I am also ready to design my own lace pattern (hush, hush right now - but if it works out, it will be tres cool). Anyway, this one in progress used 49 sts to cast on and is about 7" wide (size 2 needles - using my new needlemaster set), it is taking forever, but mostly because I've been so easily distracted by other projects and ideas too.