Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm fishing!

I'm really excited about this, I'm not sure what this excitement says about me, but I don't think I really care. I managed to find a pattern for the fish afghan that I had seen so long ago online. I think that the pattern has been taken down now, so I'm thinking that I won't be able to post it here, but you can keep an eye on this blog to see if she puts it back up.

I have only completed one fish so far, but I'm so pleased that it gives me the opportunity to get rid of this chenille that I've had forever, that I didn't really know what to do with (definitely a buying error). The colors, to me, seem perfect (an olive green, a deep blue and a rich beige). I will keep a little update on how this project is going, since I suspect that it will keep me busy for a while.

In the meantime, the gothic window lace scarf is getting longer and I've been busy making the Soho scarves.

On another note, there are whispers again about another (yes! ANOTHER) transit strike. It's all a bit of a mess, but the long and short of it is that the contract deal for the workers, that the TWU and MTA worked so long at agreeing to, was rejected by MTA workers (by only a handful of votes too). I can only hope that it doesn't happen again, although another mug would be cool - it's certainly not worth the craziness of a strike.