Sunday, July 15, 2007

Welcome to WIP-land

Thanks to non-knitting stuff going on, there's not too much going on in the finished knitting department. Just a bunch of WIP's...


First up the boy charades in Regia 4-ply. The yarn started out as a pair of socks for myself, but Mr. B. commented about 5 times about the colour of the yarn. I got the hint, and after several false starts, the yarn sung with the Charade pattern - I had a bugger of a time trying to get a true colour respresentation on this one though - I failed.


Secondly, my latest WIP. The Esther* socks, I saw these this week and just knew that it was exactly what the Lorna's Laces languishing in my stash wanted to be. It's such a pretty pattern, it took a while to get the hang of the pattern, and the cabling nearly made my head explode and I'm probably doing it wrong, but I'd say it's worth it.


Finally there's the hourglass sweater from LMKG, which was left neglected some some time when the heat started to build. This week though, knitting has gathered speed as I realize that we will be in San Fran in less than 2 weeks!! I'm very excited about this trip, first time that far west, and a City that Mr. B. and I have been dying to see for a loooong time. I'm hoping he will be pursuaded to make a little detour to a LYS or two. My priority is to go to Artfibers. But I wouldn't mind checking out Article Pract and/or even ImagiKnits. Any other suggestions for while we're there (beit knitting/yarn/craft places or a not-to-be-missed restaurant/bar or random suggestions) would be greatfully appreciated.

* The link is to a German Yahoo, sock knitting group, there are a few patterns available if you become a member of the group, and the patterns are in English as well as German.