Sunday, July 22, 2007

A handmade sweater? That fits? Never!

I don't want to make this post long - I don't really want to be reading or posting blogs right now - I've got THE BOOK (which already has 177 reviews on Amazon) and that's all I really want to think about and read. Yesterday was the Spider summer gala, which was even more fun than I could have anticipated. Virginia was a most gracious, imaginative and fun hostess, the weather was fantastic and the company, as always, was wonderful.

So, just here to show off my recently finished hourglass sweater:


Only one pictures because it's not blocked yet, and I was having some timer/colour issues - plus, there's THE BOOK.

Pattern: Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
Yarn: Jaeger Trinity in colour #439 - this is a vibrant orange/flamingo colour that seems to vary in intensity, and is a bugger to photograph :) I love this yarn, it is perfectly light-weight and makes for a perfect fall/spring sweater, and has a slight 'distressed' look.
Needles: Denises US #8 and #5 - various cable lengths.
Mods: I made the sweater longer. I also did 4 more decrease rounds at the neckline. my size is also between 2 sizes, however the gauge was off with the trinity, so I knit the larger of the two sizes, and i feel the fit is perfect. I'm thinking this is probably more luck than judgment.
Thoughts: This is just what I needed after the first sweater disaster. Had it not worked out, I'm not sure I would ever try another sweater. But it did, and it's nice to know that I *am* capable of wearable clothing, besides socks and tanks :)

Stay tuned, when I get back - a free sock pattern to be released. AND a blog contest (it's about time). Speaking of contests, you should totally check out knitting sutra has a great little contest of her own going on with fantastic prizes up for grabs - she wants help finding a non-pooling sock pattern, and don't forget to tell her I sent you :)

Have a wonderful Sunday/week, I'll see you all when I get back from San Fran.