Sunday, July 08, 2007

He loves 'Em!!

Yes indeed, the Post office pulled through, they stopped striking and got Dad's socks to him in time for his birthday yesterday. When I called him and asked if the socks fit he responded "I don't know, I packed them already". The thing is, you see, my parents are about to experience a major life change - they just bought a house in Bad Ischl, Austria, which they will be converting into a place to live (for them) downstairs, and a couple of vacation apartments upstairs (you know, so they can earn money for food and mortgage).


My parents needed to sell their home in the UK in order to buy the Austrian house - they put their house on the market on Wednesday, and accepted an offer on Friday!! So, you can imagine that socks are not foremost in Dad's mind - although he did email me later to let me know that the socks fit, he loves them, and they will be perfect for those cold winter days in the mountains. I still can't believe how beautiful it all looks though.



In knitting news - twisted tweed socks are complete!


I've emailed the pattern to the people who volunteered to test knit (if you didn't get your pattern, check your junk box, or email me schrodinger212 AT gmail DOT com). I'm hoping the pattern will be available, for free, in the next couple of weeks.



I also finished one-skein wonder last weekend, but didn't get a chance to photograph it. It's a bit meh! to me, I'm not enamoured with it, maybe it's the yarn, the bulk of it, the feel, maybe it needs to be slightly bigger...


Yarn: ONLine Linie 44 Ravenna - black (about 3 skeins)
Pattern: One Skein Wonder by Stefanie Japel
Needles: Denises US 5 & US 8



One the sewing front, I did have success with these cute little headbands by Heather Bailey (thank you to gleek for pointing out the pattern).


They really do work, and are a cinch to make - best advice I got was to make many at a go, since they are so easy to do, so I have 3 of them, but I seriously wish I made more now.