Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ooh La La!

Feeling French? I certainly am today! I can keep you in the dark no longer, I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with with this FO, I love the color and the style, thanks Veronique! It is a slightly bigger fit than anticipated, but I'm okay with a little more breathing space :)

Excuse the electronic drum kit in the background, Mr. B. needs hobbies too eh?


Close-up of front detail


Pattern: Phildar #30, Débardeur, from Spring Tendances 2004
Yarn: Toccata by Lana Grossa in color 98
Needles: US 3 & 4 Boye Needlemaster (not my fave, but hey! they work)
Mods: Mostly the same, except I left 7 stitches at the end of the pattern on the front and did a k1, p1 ribbing for the straps, just giving a little extra thickness. It also looks a little neater to me.

While I'm on the French mode, I notice that my hit count went up on Tuesday, and I was curious enough to look at why. I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone had translated my supple rib armwarmer pattern into French. Il est fantastique! I feel so Cosmopolitan now.