Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Warning - contents in this post may be upsetting and/or offensive.

So Mr. B and I went to BODIES The Exhibition on Saturday (yes! this last Saturday, the Saturday the skies opened and the wind blew mightily! And yes! we did get wet, really, really wet). Anyway, I emailed a good friend back home about various things, including this exhibit and she emails me back telling me there is a big controversy about this exhibit (I guess I was living under a rock, cos there are a ton of stories about this). God damn! Can't a girl just go and look at her plastinated cadavers without all this guilt?

Needless to say, I didn't know this before I went, and the biologist in me found much of it fascinating - my favorite part was the blood vessels, the body can truly be beautiful.

Knowing what I know now, I'm not sure if I would do it again...

Coming next: the blood bath - or how my Soleil lost it's lustre.