Monday, February 19, 2007

Revival!


I am so glad that I finally got the guts to rip out those jaywalkers, because now I have in my possession a fully functional, actually going to be worn, pair of socks. HUZZAH!


Pattern: simple toe up (psso short row toes and heels, Ala misocrafty) in 3 x 1 ribbing, I just knit until I (nearly) ran out of yarn.
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill, supersock # 325, a bargain from that auction site.
Needles: mostly, 32" addi turbos #2, but I switch out to # pony pearls for the leg of sock number 2.


Before I could bat an eyelid, yarn for a pair of monkey socks was on the needles. These socks will be for my wonderful Mum, who has a very special birthday coming up and has chosen to come and visit Mr. B and I for that birthday.



The yarn? South West Trading Companies "Tofuties" 50% Superwash Wool 25% SOYSILK brand fiber 22.5% Cotton 2.5% Chitin (made from shrip and crab shells!). The colour is #722 "Stand on Your Own Two Feet". I quite like the feel of this yarn, slightly silken, it appears as though it will be pretty hard wearing, and the look is very "Trekking"-esque. However, there is no give to this yarn at all, it is very much like knitting with cotton, which I'm okay with, but this can be bothersome to some.

On other news, yesterday was a Spider Baby shower, for 2 preggers spiders. A great time was had by all, I just wanted to give a shout out to Kaitlyn for organizing and to Jess for keeping us spiders in line with the blankets. I (to my shame again) did not manage to bring my camera, but you can check out Jess's post to see some photos of the event, betcha can't spot me :)