Monday, March 07, 2005

Lacy Scarf Begins.

So with Maureen's scarf complete (pictures to follow) I have been trying to start with my really thin crochet thread (a buying error, I thought I was getting laceweight yarn, still learning). So, having never tried lace knitting before, I tried to find an easy pattern to start with. There were some lovely patterns but none of them were working, unti today that is. I figured out yesterday that the thread needed to be doubled (it is crochet thread after all) and this evening I finally found a pattern simple enought to work and one that works with the thread (thanks to Sharon Bergersen at knitaddicted.com). Yay! Now I have this project to keep me busy for the next few days and a potentially beautiful spring scarf for Beth's birthday. Okay, a few more rows before bed....