Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's all a charade!

First of all, I want to thank everyone for your lovely comments about the cranes - all so sweet, and I even got comments from new people - thanks for stopping by!


On to the post, I've had these socks done a while now and feel like I've already posted about them but realised that I hadn't - oops. Anyway, the Charade socks, are complete:


Pattern: Charade socks by Sandra.
Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta in color #15
Needles: Knitpicks 32" #1 - magic loop method
Adaptations: I did make the heel a little longer so that the sock could accomodate my high arches - other than that I stuck to the pattern as is. If I were to do the sock again I would probably do toe up with short row heels. I love the pattern though, it really was fun to knit - thanks Sandra!!!!


Note: While I know this yarn will probably make the longest lasting socks ever - I hated it, I didn't like the feel of it, the short bursts of color were a little too short, leaving me with a muddled mix. There were several knots in the skein - bah! I hate knots.

Next time: a bowling bag awaits some photo weather for the photo-shoot that it deserves (yup, I'm proud of it).