Monday, April 30, 2007

Behold the great Absorba!

ETA: COMMENTS HAVE BEEN TURNED ON :/


Huzzah!! The bathroom will now be fully dressed with it's hand-knit bathmat.


Pattern: Absorba, from Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Peaches and Creme double worsted in #51 Apple Green.
Needles: Denises #15
Adaptations: What I did, is essentially knit a single crochet edging - I don't have a crochet hook that big, so I picked up 2 stitches, then pass the right stitch over the left one, then picked up a st and passed the right stitch over the left, etc, etc.
Thoughts/additional info: Knitting this was no piece of cake, it was challenging to knit what is essentially [a soft lime colored] rope on fat, fat needles, it hurt my hands a bit :( On the bright side, it's a pretty fast knit. The bathmat didn't really come out as flat and perfect as I wanted - I know, I know. Anyway, I'm blocking it right now (yes, blocking a bathmat - like that makes sense), but I think that will fix those issues for me. Oh, and I could not capture the color of this mat at all, it is a more lurid brighter green than pictured - which suits me fine.

In other news, I got some beautiful stitch markers from Zero Markers this week.



Did I hear you ask what that is in the background? Okay, okay, it's 8 oz of Superwash Merino in "wild thing" from Crown Mountain Farms.


I think it's going to make me some lovely sock yarn.

Now... if you'll excuse me, I have some spinning to do.