Monday, December 04, 2006

It fits!

So I finally made something that fits, which has been a tall achievement for me recently. It warms a knitters heart to complete something that can actually be used for it's intended purpose. I have to say that I love, love, love this scarf, the stitch pattern is perfect for this scarf, it shows off the beauty of the yarn so well.


Pattern: My So Called Scarf by Stacey.
Yarn: Malabrigo in "Velvet Grapes", courtesy of Alyson (thanks Alyson!).
NeedlesDenises #11
Adaptations: I only had one skein of Malabrigo, so cast on only 26 sts, giving me a 4 1/2" wide scarf, that was 56" long. Because of the tendency to curl, and since I'm getting a dab hand at it, I added a single crochet border, which completes it perfectly.



Coming up... one completed sock, and a hat (yes, that fits too).

In other news, the sweater, after blocking, is not only wide, but super-long now too - on to plan B.