Sunday, February 26, 2006

Scarf and Top



I'm really getting there with the scarf for MIL, I'm loving knitting the pattern and think that it's looking gorgeous, here's a couple of pics to demonstrate. My only concern is that I didn't swatch and block first, so here's hoping that it will still look as pretty after blocking - still have a few more feet to go yet.

Tempting 2


As for the tempting 2 top, I am not enjoying this at all. Firstly it's a k1, p1 rib - YAWN! Secondly, this damn yarn is NOT fun to knit with at all, not even vaguely, the only good thing about it is the color! I am determined that I will finish this top though, just because I need to do at least one proper item of clothing.

Fish update - 52 down! I'm thinking at least 30 more to get a decent size, so I'm past halfway! Yay.

I'm also on the verge of buying a spinning wheel, at least I hope so. So it will be a new addiction I'm sure, but how exciting will it be to knit something with wool/yarn that I have hand spun? I have promised Mr. B. that I will clean up the computer sitting neglected in the corner of our lounge, and sell it, and get rid of the computer desk too. It's only something he's wanted to be rid of for about 1 1/2 years, I think the wheel will be a good incentive to do it.