Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Schrodinger and it's been 5 weeks since I last posted

Wow! It really is incredible how easy it is to neglect your blog and all blog reading when you have a baby. To everyone that has sent their congratulations, THANK YOU and please accept my apologies for not getting back to you. I've also neglecting blog reading, and am horrified when I see what I have to read - gulp! I have to admit, that it's not just the baby that kept me away, but also a new addiction... microblogging through twitter. My Mum also came to visit (Dad needed to stay back in Austria while they finish up renovations on their vacation apartments). Mum brought a ton of gifts for baby E, from them as well as other family over in the UK, one thing I had to share with you is this adorable sheep.



She also brought with her a stunning handknit dress that she had made, but that's going to wait for another time and it's own, special post :)

So, you can imagine there's not a huge amount of knitting going on here, but there are a few knits that Baby E has modeled so far to share with you all. I'm trying to take pictures of all the amazing handknits that Baby E has, as and when she wears them. There are still plenty more that she's yet to grow into.
Saartje Booties from Sharon, excuse the blurriness, baby E was fidgety here, this was the best shot I could get :)

Better than booties socks

Modeling the spider blanket before tummy time.

I've been knitting a bit myself (although the hat is the only FO I have to show for it so far)
I made this hat [rav link] last week, it has since been undone and reknit to add length, it fits better, but I've not taken new pics.

I'm thrilled to announce that Baby E is also able to bottle-feed, therefore I've been creating a stash of milk so that I'm free to go to Rhinebeck on Saturday - WOO HOO! Hope to see some of you there, you can distract me from buying yarn and fiber we can't afford.