Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Overheard in New York

In a New York Bar actually. A young lady walks around a pool table putting her hands in the tables pockets shouting "where do the balls come out? Where are they?" Eventually, she goes to the bar and asks the barman "how do I get the balls out?". Straight faced, he explained that she needed $1.50 in quarter etc etc... His straight face and patience impressed me.

Unlike me, I am not patient. I have given up on the one-skein sock, the yarn was ugly and it was making a truly fugly knit, I wouldn't even wear thick acrylic socks - what was I thinking? I chose to abandon it the sock this evening, I spun for a bit and spent the rest of the evening blogging and planning my next sock (the knitpicks yarn is waiting for me at the post office across the street - it's okay, I didn't even try to break in to get it). The picture below shows the sock it all it's fugliness.

Thick, acrylic, weird stripe pattern - not for me.

On another note, here is a picture I stole borrowed from Yarn Harlot's blog. It's a totally cool little tool/gadget where you basically tuck your sock needles in the tube whilst knitting, it's ingenious! And since sock knitting is my new travel project, I feel I absolutely MUST have one. Can't...spend...any....more...money... I'll get over it, I know we have to save money for our trip in July, and it'll be totally worth it.

Yarn Harlot's picture of a cool sock needle keeper.